As a Grand Rapids Internet Marketing Company, we know that SEO is often surrounded by a lot of smoke & mirrors, so I wanted to take a second and let you know that it is process-driven and understandable. Here are the basic steps of any SEO campaign.
1. Interview with owner to understand their products/services and the keywords that they think customers would use to find a business like theirs.
2. Keyword research + Adwords – Corporate Conversions will take data from the initial interview with you and generate a list of potential keywords. We will them analyze these keywords for traffic potential. This is an iterative process where we require your feedback; every industry has its own vernacular or language and it’s important for us to understand yours.
We will then take our list of keywords and run a 30-60 day Adwords campaign. Adwords is Google’s paid-for click advertising service. The benefit of this is that we are able to “test” which of our keywords performs the best in terms of visitor engagement and submissions on your site. This will further help us understand what the most valuable keywords are to your specific business.
3. SEO Competition Analysis – Now that we’ve narrowed down our keyword list, let’s take a look at what it’s going to require rising to Page 1 of Google. If certain keywords are deemed to be too competitive based on your budget or the strength of the competition, we will suggest aiming for 2nd tier keywords. For example, if you were selling dog food, instead of trying for Page 1 results for “dog food” we might recommend “dry dog food” or “dog food Michigan”. This is a terrible example, however you get the idea.
4. On-Page Optimization – Now that we understand what keywords we are going to try for, we need to implement them with absolute consistency on your physical website. In our opinion, this is where most SEOs fail. SEO is not one big thing; it is hitting singles every day and getting all of the details right. We will make sure your On-page sings!
5. Off-Page Optimization – Now that our keywords are on the pages of your site, we need to tell Google that those pages are relevant. We do this via two primary ways: * building links on article sites, blogs, forums, PR sites, social bookmarking sites that use your keywords as the anchor text of the link; and * at a minimum add anchor text links to a monthly blog or news feed post and publish on your site’s blog or news feed. These “internal links” tell Google what pages of your site are relevant for which keywords.
Doing this off-page SEO consistently will ensure that you hold solid ground and rise in the rankings over time.
Hopefully this email gives you a better idea of how we work. Please contact me if you have questions.